Friday, December 11, 2015

By Sal

Weston's grandpa read an awesome dinosaur book to us!  He even brought the movie of it and we watched it at snack time!


How many fingers do we have in our class?  Dane counted them for us 1...2...3...4..,
He did great but there must be a faster way?!?!

We brainstormed ideas... let's try counting by 10's!  That was much easier!!  We had 210 fingers - WOW!

Making 2D shapes with yarn - fun!



A circle is hard to make!

Celebrating St. Lucia's Day in Sweden.  Our holidays around the world book will come home soon!


We also visited England.  Santa Claus leaves presents for the children in pillowcases and stockings.  We designed our own stocking! 



I like Mrs. Haas' class!  I went with Mrs. Boehm for daily 5.  I read books!  I went to listen to reading.  I did read to self.  We went to music.  We learned about Sweden.  We colored the flag in our book.  We made a crown for St. Lucia's Day.  That's what they celebrate there.  Then we learned about England.  We colored the flag.  We made a stocking.  Santa puts the presents in the stocking and the pillowcases.  They say Happy Christmas!  I hope I get picked by Elfie!  I love Mrs. Haas' class!

No comments: